Finding financial stability can be a game-changer.
Here are 30 one-sentence tips (with links) to help you take the steps necessary to find stability and build a longer financial runway to create.
- Understand how to strike a balance between financial stability and your creative work.
- Know the questions to ask before saying yes to a work opportunity.
- Know what an hour of your time is actually worth.
- Diversify your income streams by considering a portfolio career.
- Stop creating with a scarcity mindset.
- Understand the rule of 72.
- Determine how to make more money so you have more time to create.
- Calculate how many views and followers on social media you need to quit your day job.
- Understand how to track your income.
- Learn to negotiate your rates and pricing to ensure you’re being paid fairly for your work.
- Create a budget and stick to it to better manage your finances.
- Build up an emergency fund to cushion any financial hardships.
- Invest in yourself by learning new skills and improving your craft.
- Stay up to date on industry trends to stay competitive and relevant.
- Create a three-year plan for financial stability.
- Understand the impact that lower cost of living cities have on your ability to build financial stability.
- Know when it might be time for a career pivot to improve your financial stability.
- Consider a shift to traditional, 9–5 work.
- Create a career strategy to help you achieve financial stability.
- Build a teaching studio.
- Develop a plan to get out of debt.
- Have a process for making important financial decisions that have an impact on your stability.
- Develop your ideas and put them out into the world.
- Consider things you might cut from your expenses.
- Tackle your college loans.
- Make tracking your finances a micro habit.
- Stay organized to avoid missed deadlines and opportunities.
- Understand how to tackle financial risk.
- Create a blog or newsletter to build your audience and showcase your expertise.
- Get to know and understand the creator economy.
Here’s How I Help Musicians Find Financial Stability.
Like what you read here? Join my newsletter below to receive weekly tips just like this, designed to help creatives like you navigate the most important decisions in your life and career.