Last month, I traveled from LA to NYC on a Virgin America flight and loved that the inflight entertainment featured musicians in alphabetical order. At first, I found it jarring to see Beethoven next to the Beatles, but then I thought “Of course they’re featured side-by-side, that’s how we enjoy music these days.”
With this in mind, I’m pleased to present to you the first of what I hope will be a series of playlists dedicated to those of us who are not genre specific in our listening habits.
Just as your listening habits have changed dramatically over the past 20 years, so have the ways musicians get paid for their original work. My primary goal for this project is to introduce you to music you might not have heard before in support of the artists who are creating great music.
Help these artists by doing the following things:
- Listen to the mix each week;
- Share the videos you love with your network;
- Follow the artists you like on their various social media channels;
- Purchase at least one song/album from an artist of your choosing each week.
- Commit to attend a live performance the next time an artist you like is in your neck of the woods.
The Long Tail Sessions, Vol 3: March 25, 2017
The Long Tail Sessions, Vol 2: March 17, 2017
The Long Tail Sessions, Vol 1: March 10, 2017