Nate Zeisler envisions a world where students majoring in the arts have a clear path to a sustainable career, where creative minds are empowered and inspired to rule the workforce, and where access to the arts is not just for the privileged few, but for all.
As the Dean for Community Initiatives at the Colburn School in Los Angeles, Nate:
- Is building a pipeline of sequential arts learning for hundreds of children in greater Los Angeles so that children of all backgrounds may experience a performing arts education.
- Supports the careers of world-class artists and passionate entrepreneurs, offering career advice and action-based learning opportunities that prime them for the 21st century workforce.
When he’s not passionately developing programs and careers at the Colburn School, you can find him checking out the SoCal tidal pools with his wife and two children, contributing to this blog, and (painfully) attempting to surf.
Find out how you can build great community engagement programs, develop your career, and read how Nate enjoys his crazy life at nathanielzeisler.com
In a previous life, Nate was:
- Founder and Executive Director of the Envision Chamber Consort from 2004-2007, a chamber music ensemble that was dedicated to presenting intimate concerts as a form of contemporary communication.
- Co-founder and Executive director of Arts Enterprise from 2006-2011, a chapter based organization that helps students find sustainable careers in their chosen field.
- Assistant Professor of Bassoon and Entrepreneurship Bowling Green State University in Ohio from 2006-2011
- Principal bassoonist of the Ann Arbor Symphony and second bassoonist with the Michigan Opera Theatre in Detroit.
Nate earned his doctorate of musical arts and master’s degree from the University of Michigan and bachelor’s degree in choral and instrumental education from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.